BLUG Mailing List
Mailing List Mandate
The BLUG Mailing List is the primary tool for communicating with members of the BLUG group. The list is named “Barrielug — Barrie Linux Users Group” but it often referred to as the BLUG Mailing List.
The principal use of the BLUG Mailing List is to provide the members of the list an efficient way to communicate. This communication can take several forms, such as organizing meetings or Q&A or topical discussions, and is intended to focus on Linux, Open Source software and related topics.
The BLUG Mailing List is a self-subscription based list. The only way to get on the list is to request membership and then confirm the request. No e-mail addresses are added to the list without going through the request process. No e-mail addresses are added to the list without the process being initiated by the owner of the e-mail address. All members of the mailing list have specifically and intentionally requested membership.
Each e-mail message that is distributed through the BLUG Mailing List contains a link to the account management page for the list. Each and any subscriber can access this page anytime to manage their subscription. Unsubscribing from the list can be done at anytime.
BLUG Mailing List Use
- Monthly meeting reminders
- Posing questions to the group within the context of the mailing list mandate
- Initiate Linux and OpenSource discussions
- Sharing of information within the context of the mailing list mandate
- Posting items for sale
- Promoting business operations
- Promoting political or religious views
- Sending e-mails containing any inappropriate language
- Sending e-mails that would be considered harassment
- Distribute or make available information that expresses or discrimination or an intention to discriminate
- E-mails related to the participation in any illegal or fraudulent activities or activities that could be seen as a violation of the Criminal Code
- Sharing of private or confidential information
- Gather other individuals’ personal information under false pretenses or for unlawful gain
Members of the list that are found abusing the mailing list and not adhering to the acceptable use guidelines may have their e-mail address blocked from the list temporarily or permanently.
How to Join the BLUG Mailing List
To join the BLUG Mailing List CLICK HERE and follow the signup process.